Sunday, May 3, 2015

Texas ramblings.

Here I am sitting in a hotel room in Waco, Texas with Castle hogging the bed beside me and Gab one floor down hanging with the guys. This is summertime working for Vivint.

When Gab got laid off from Vivint Wireless in December it was a pretty big bummer. We were doing really well for newly weds and I guess the world wanted us to experience our first bump in the road. This lead us to deciding to install security systems for the summer! I've been out here for 24 days and Gab and Castle just joined me yesterday. It was not ideal to be apart for that long but Gab was finishing up with school and I was ready to get out here and start making some money!

The plan is to make a good chunk of money and be able to get 100% out of debt besides the house and then be able to put about $20,000-$25,000 towards the house so we can refinance and stop paying mortgage insurance.

Gab could have a new opportunity lined up when we get back in August but if that doesn't pan out we definitely plan to do this gig for a couple more years and pay off our house and live our lives debt free.

All that to say we live in Texas! It's very green which I did not expect. We'll be in Waco for another two weeks and then we're off to Austin which I'm very excited to live in and explore but so not looking forward to driving in every day.

Here we are at the coolest Waco hang, Common Grounds. Amazing coffee and amazing outside hang out space. I'll miss it when we head to Austin but feeling pretty confident Austin will have an alternative for me. P.S. I look exhausted in this picture because five was the number of hours of sleep I got haha.

So there's the summary update of our life right now!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this post! Its sweet and entertaining to read! Also, the photo is bright and somewhat autumnal (my favourite combo), keep up the good work :) X

    ReplyDelete