Sunday, February 16, 2014

In which I up my game in the womanhood department.


When I was in 5th grade there were a couple girls in my class that came to school with sandals on. I don't know if this was the first time they wore them or just the first time I noticed but I asked them, "how come you're wearing sandals? You can't even run in them".

 This was coming from the girl that spent her recesses playing football with the boys and her after school time and weekends building bike jumps, climbing trees and the Red Mountain and always, always running everywhere I went. There was so much to do I just didn't have the time to walk around in sandals to get where I needed to go. I was a tomboy and dang proud of it. I wrestled neighborhood boys more than once. I punched neighborhood boys more than once.

 I have a picture of me in an easter outfit that was a cute little skirt and top that my mom bought for me. Guess what I'm wearing it with? Tennis shoes. And guess what I'm doing in the picture? Crouching down super lady like (not) to look under the van for easter eggs. I was going to find more than Chance. 

photographic evidence

Sure, I had girl friends and we played house and barbies, but my favorite days were the ones spent outside with my tennis shoes racking up mileage. 

Well this post went farther in that direction than planned but let's fast forward to present day when I finished my first crochet project. My womanhood was like, "I'm freeeee!" And I immediately got on Pinterest and pinned 100 new projects to try. It's satisfying, this whole creation thing. I dig it. 





P.S I chopped my hair but I am not ready to share. It got botched. 

No comments:

Post a Comment