Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Christmas 2013

This whole holiday season was different for me. Thanksgiving was the weirdest. My family went up to Washington and between school and work, Chance and I couldn't go. So it was me, Chance and Gab with a whole turkey to eat. I was pretty much in charge of the cooking, besides the turkey which I made the boys do, and let's just say I learned a few things. Like, you have to bake the pie crust before you put a pie inside. It was an experience, that's for sure.

Anyways, this is supposed to be about Christmas. Gab and I spent Christmas in New Hampshire and Montreal this year. It was the first year away from my family so I guess I feel grown up. Sadi is almost ten so we don't have any little little kids left. On the contrary, my Christmas was crawling with kids, just the way I like it. We had Everett (almost 10 months), Tosh (almost 18 months), Alex (2) and Josh and Joe (7). We spent the 24th and 25th in Montreal with extended family and I'm pretty sure that added another 20 kids under 6. It was crazy and exciting and fun. The two days in Montreal I was doing a lot of just looking around and smiling as everyone was speaking French at 50 mph (why do other languages always sound so fast?). 


When we got back to Londonderry, we put the kids to bed and prepared for our own Christmas morning. Santa was so nice and the kids were just so good that he made a special trip back down from the North Pole. 

How did I forget how fun it is to watch little kids open presents on Christmas morning? It's the best. I made good use of my christmas present and snapped a thousand pictures.

The trip ended with a night in Boston which is my second time being there but never for more than half a day. So let's just say I can not wait to go back and spent a significant amount of time in that city. I love it. 

























 



No comments:

Post a Comment